I am a person of faith however. And I give my thanks to God for EVERY blessing in my life. I am so… sooo… very fortunate. I feel that not thanking God for all things in my life would be such a mistake. SO I want to take this time to post a few things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving season.
- I am thankful for my children. I am blessed with three of the most perfectly created gifts from God I could ever imagine and I thank God every day for giving me the privilege of being their mother.
- I am thankful for my health. I work in the healthcare profession and see those with illness battle sickness, pain and depression from illness all the time. I see children deal with lifelong illnesses they will have for the rest of their lives on a daily basis.
- I am thankful for health insurance and life insurance and auto insurance and ultimately the ability to have insurance. If I need to go to the doctor, I go. I don’t have to think about how to pay for it. If I need to have my car towed (thank you AAA) I get it towed. I am so thankful that I have the ability and funds to have auto insurance, life insurance and health insurance
- I am thankful for the food I have to eat, and the farmers that provide it. We can afford food and do not stretch to make ends meet and have food on our table. My children do not go to bed hungry and I have plenty of food on hand at all times. Many people do not have this luxury, so for this I am thankful
- I am thankful for my husband. He is hard-working, honest, dedicated to his family and my best friend. I am so lucky to have found a partner that I can trust fully and know has our best interests at heart. Not many people can say that they have a partnership like that in life.
- I am thankful for my family. It is large, extensive, and has a lot of personalities. This includes my husband’s family as well. Whatever I am facing I know I will not face it alone and I am so grateful for that. I am blessed beyond words when it comes to my family.
- I am thankful for my faith. I believe…. that faith gives one hope. My faith is with me every day. I am so grateful for this. I know when I am overwhelmed and need support I can hand whatever I am struggling with over to God and he will ease the burden. Faith is a huge part of who I am and I am ever grateful to have my God to help see me through.
- I am thankful for my education. I am blessed with a college education which has in turn provided me with a great job. This is my livelihood and I am fortunate that my job and my education are still in an area I love to practice in. I am blessed in that I have a job and it is because of the education I was blessed to receive.
- I am thankful for friends, they keep me grounded, make me laugh and are a shoulder to cry on when I need one. I don’t know where I would be without them and I am thankful for each individual group I have whether it be high school friends, friends from work, fellow parents from my kiddos, my online friends, or new friends.
I know I am probably leaving some things out… my list of blessings is so extensive and I am sure I have forgotten some things. I want to be sure to take the time today though to say how blessed I am. I think this is one of my favorite times of the year because we take pause and say thank you for all these blessings on this holiday. Those who did not take the time before take it now. Fellowship grows, thankfulness abounds, hope rises and we all are a little kinder when we see what blessings we have.
Here is wishing everyone a warm and blessed Thanksgiving. Enjoy time with family and friends and join me in saying a word of thanks for all God has given us….