Welp…my blogging follower immalady has nominated me for a Liebster award (thank you!) and I will eventually nominate some people as well, as soon as I have a chance to read more blogs and follow more. I am still so new to this blogging thing! But I am more than happy to share my questions I was asked and also share what questions I would ask my nominees once I have them. So thank you so much for the nomination and my answers are below. Happy Sunday!!
My 11 Questions from immalady :
- What led you to start blogging?
Good question. I think my lack of time I have to scrapbook and my love of memories and passing things on to others. I used to scrapbook all the time, but I do not have a set place to do it, and I thin what I love about blogging is that it is like an “online scrapbook” about me that I can access pretty much anytime and anywhere. I LOVE that!
- What is your favorite part about blogging?
The fact that I can blog about ANYTHING I want to! If I have a whim that I want to write about something, then I can sit down and do it. I don’t have to follow any certain theme and that is something that moves me the most- my ability to share my thoughts on anything I choose.
- What is your go-to dish to take to a potluck or party?
I think because I live in Iowa, and because I live in the beef capitol of the state, loose meats a big thing for me. Easy, able to be taken in a Crockpot and not often replicated, they are an easy go to for me. Plus we have access to fresh beef straight off the feedlot so they are wayyyy better than store bought beef. I think those and Crockpot corn and noodles with cheese are my 2 favorites. I have teenagers so I cannot get too crazy with what I make.
- What is your must have beauty product?
I am trying to think of just one.. so hard! I would have to say in terms of my hair- my straightener…. which is not really a product but a tool! In terms of my face- my argan oil (Josie Maran) or my Younique moisturizer and make up primer. It is so necessary for the touch foundation. I love how little is needed. Definetely makes the face look flawless.
- Who is your dream dinner party guest?
Besides Jesus Christ (an easy go to.. who wouldn’t want to meet him??) I would love to have a chance to have dinner with my deceased grandparents as an adult. I would love to have them see where I live, what my children and husband are like, and see me as an adult. I did not appreciate them enough while they were here, so an opportunity to see them again would fill my heart. J
- What is one piece of advice you’d give your younger self?
Relax, slow down. You have the rest of your life to be an adult. Stop rushing it. I was an RN at 20 working full time, a wife at 22, and a mother at 23. I wish I had enjoyed the road to adulthood a little more and not tried to rush it so much. You have the rest of your life t be an adult. Enjoy the ride and don’t rush.
- What is the meaning behind your blog name?
DirtroadNightingale : Dirt road because I live in small town Iowa and have been raised in and lived amongst agriculture my whole life. I LOVE living in an agriculture state, being married to a farm manager and teaching my kids to respect our earth, the creatures on it and where our food comes from. Nightingale- I am a nurse! Wouldn’t have chosen any other career. I love caring for others and this is an ode to our founder, Florence Nightingale.
- What is the best blog post you’ve written so far? Share the link!
Uh… not sure? I guess maybe the one on my kids? Click here My sons …I think I would say that because they are my most important topic… but some one else may choose something I have written on fashion, or on something I cooked so I guess this is pretty subjective. I am happy to share though!
- Do you prefer to have a plan or be spontaneous?
Plan – always plan. If the plan does not work, make a new plan. But always always always have a plan!
- What is your most prized possession?
My children!! (do I possess them? In this case… yes) I am sooo proud of who they are and what they are becoming. I could lose everything else in my life but as long as I can say I have my children then I am okay. They are a little piece of me and I am forever proud of my legacy I leave on this earth through them
- What do you feel is most important for your blog readers to takeaway from your blog?
Be yourself! When I turned 40, I wanted a tattoo, so I got one! No regrets. If someone does not like it.. Oh well it’s not for them anyway. Embrace life, enjoy all that is around you, make a bucket list, live life fully and most importantly love yourself.
Questions for my nominees:
- What is your favorite place you have travelled to?
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead who would it be?
- If you have to eat one food daily in one of your meals for the rest of your life, what food would that be? What food do you think you could eat daily?
- What is your favorite movie you have watched and why?
- What do you want people to take away from your blog? What are you trying to get across to others?
- What do you like most about blogging?
- What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
- If you had one full day all to yourself and no one around, how would you spend that day?
- What is your favorite blog post you wrote? Share the link…
- If you could live in any time period besides the one we are currently in, what time period would that be and why?
- What is your favorite season and why?
(some of you may have already been nominated for the Liebster Award or have more than 200 followers but if I follow your blog that is because I truly enjoy reading it!)
Thank you again immalady for noticing my blog and nominating me for this award! Thank you to everyone who has followed, liked, or commented .. I sincerely appreciate it!